About this Course
Course 3: Advanced Writing
This is the third course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By raising your level of academic writing, this course helps prepare you for college-level work.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
– plan and write a more sophisticated argument essay
– identify plagiarism and explain how to prevent it
– read and analyze several articles to form your own opinion on a topic
– make connections between several articles
– form thesis statements from your readings
– use sources effectively when writing an essay
高级写作 is course 3 of 5 in the Academic English: Writing Specialization.
The skills taught in this Specialization will empower you to succeed in any college-level course or professional field. You’ll learn to conduct rigorous academic research and to express your ideas clearly in an academic format. In the final Capstone Project, all the knowledge that you’ve gained over the span of these courses will culminate into an academic research paper on an issue of your choice.
Instructor, International Programs
University of California Irvine Extension